Suffolk Dog Forum
Welcome to the Suffolk Dogs forum, a forum for dog owners across East Anglia!

Log in or register to find details of meet ups and events, and enter regular competitions (with prizes), or just tell us all about your furry friends

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Suffolk Dog Forum
Welcome to the Suffolk Dogs forum, a forum for dog owners across East Anglia!

Log in or register to find details of meet ups and events, and enter regular competitions (with prizes), or just tell us all about your furry friends

Looking forward to seeing you around!
Suffolk Dog Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dog-Friendly Landlords
Rupert Skin Update I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:02 pm by suffolkgal

» Dog Photography
Rupert Skin Update I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:34 am by louisjp

» HELLO HELLO HELLO
Rupert Skin Update I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:37 pm by Huskymomma

» Garage Door Flaps
Rupert Skin Update I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:33 am by Sid_Wolf

» Dog sledding ???
Rupert Skin Update I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 pm by EddSharma

» Stormys not well
Rupert Skin Update I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:18 pm by EddSharma

» new to the site
Rupert Skin Update I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 3:50 am by Huskymomma

» Rupert Skin Update
Rupert Skin Update I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 pm by Florence24

» Newfieworld
Rupert Skin Update I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:57 am by Sid_Wolf

Rupert Skin Update

Go down

Rupert Skin Update Empty Rupert Skin Update

Post by Florence24 Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Had my vets refer him to the Queen's Vet School Hospital in Cambridge on Friday and we had an appt there yesterday.

He has basically been riddled with sore skin since June 17th so almost three months now and before then had it intermittently.

Got there at 11.30am and left at 5.30pm so we were there a good while!! He's had lots of tests, a couple blood tests for various things, checked for flea dirt and took samples of hair and skin from his sores which are around his waist/hind quarters/tail. Also took a sample from a pustule on his groin.

They think its an atopic skin disease and say he currently has skin infections basically all over in varying layers of skin which just wont go. He's got antibiotics for three weeks (3 x 600mg Rilexine tabs a day), Stronghold to kill off any mites living in his skin if there are any, hibiscrub to bath once a week and epi soothe to bath in once a week. Then in three weeks (providing the blood tests don't show anything) he will be back up there for an intradermal skin test. That's basically why he's getting the baths and Stronghold, so his skin is as good as it possibly can be before being tested.

He has been in a buster collar for two weeks now and it has to stay on for the next three weeks as well. Otherwise if he causes more sores and needs steroid gel, we can't do the test for a fair few more weeks.

Oh, and he hates baths! So this will be fun Rolling Eyes Embarassed
Florence24
Florence24

Breeds owned : Golden Retriever x 1

Back to top Go down