Suffolk Dog Forum
Welcome to the Suffolk Dogs forum, a forum for dog owners across East Anglia!

Log in or register to find details of meet ups and events, and enter regular competitions (with prizes), or just tell us all about your furry friends

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Suffolk Dog Forum
Welcome to the Suffolk Dogs forum, a forum for dog owners across East Anglia!

Log in or register to find details of meet ups and events, and enter regular competitions (with prizes), or just tell us all about your furry friends

Looking forward to seeing you around!
Suffolk Dog Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dog-Friendly Landlords
Looks like we have kennel cough too  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:02 pm by suffolkgal

» Dog Photography
Looks like we have kennel cough too  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:34 am by louisjp

» HELLO HELLO HELLO
Looks like we have kennel cough too  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:37 pm by Huskymomma

» Garage Door Flaps
Looks like we have kennel cough too  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:33 am by Sid_Wolf

» Dog sledding ???
Looks like we have kennel cough too  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 pm by EddSharma

» Stormys not well
Looks like we have kennel cough too  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:18 pm by EddSharma

» new to the site
Looks like we have kennel cough too  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 3:50 am by Huskymomma

» Rupert Skin Update
Looks like we have kennel cough too  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 pm by Florence24

» Newfieworld
Looks like we have kennel cough too  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:57 am by Sid_Wolf

Looks like we have kennel cough too

4 posters

Go down

Looks like we have kennel cough too  Empty Looks like we have kennel cough too

Post by Florence24 Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:29 am

Crying or Very sad

He has been hacking and his face has swollen, vet thinks that's way more likely a KC thing than a reaction to meds or his rash as rash is improving and infection was so small.

Here is lumpy face Crying or Very sad

Looks like we have kennel cough too  4b2df8fb-1
Florence24
Florence24

Breeds owned : Golden Retriever x 1

Back to top Go down

Looks like we have kennel cough too  Empty Re: Looks like we have kennel cough too

Post by Sid_Wolf Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:44 am

awww poor boy, at least he's already on AB's,so they should kick in soon Smile

get well soon rupert!!!
Sid_Wolf
Sid_Wolf
Admin

Breeds owned : Siberian Huskies

https://suffolkdogsforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Looks like we have kennel cough too  Empty Re: Looks like we have kennel cough too

Post by James_Kita Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Get well soon Roo! Very Happy
James_Kita
James_Kita

Breeds owned : Husky X

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence24 Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:39 pm

He sounded like a goose in the night Rolling Eyes
Florence24
Florence24

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Kita Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:49 pm

poor boy.

He just sounds all snotty lol!
James_Kita
James_Kita

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence24 Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:13 am

Lol he is..! At the vets at 9.40am, gotta leave him in the car until its time but not happy about going in and leaving him as my car gets stupidly hot and its meant to be warm in the morning.

Florence24
Florence24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_Wolf Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:01 am

he'll be ok for 10 minutes or so, just leave him a bowl of water and the window cracked
Sid_Wolf
Sid_Wolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence24 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:31 am

Can't leave him with water, he'll get upset and fuss the way he is at the minute. I can normally leave him but he's being a massive crybaby this week and will spill it everywhere then get hideously excited lol Rolling Eyes

Plus the way he was on Saturday peeing with nerves I don't really want him guzzling in case he needs to hang around for a while Embarassed
Florence24
Florence24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_Wolf Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:13 am

what about a few icecubes?
Sid_Wolf
Sid_Wolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence24 Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 am

Not allowed anything that cold with his issues due to possible bloat links, room temperature or nothing Crying or Very sad

It's a right royal pain in the backside all this, found out about potential inaccuracies of allergy tests so need to discuss them tomorrow too Sad
Florence24
Florence24

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Kita Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:15 pm

How did it go?

I left Kita for 10 mins, she cried abit and wimpered but she was fine really ^+^
James_Kita
James_Kita

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence24 Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:07 pm

I refused to leave him long, car was boiling hot so I stood round the back out the way. Had to leave him in there when I went to pay and some idiotic person was stood at my car with their dog leaning up giving Rupert kisses and giving him treats!!

When I told them 1) he isn't allowed any commercial treats due to intolerances they tried to tell me that its bullcrap dogs don't get intolerances, and when I told them 2) he might have kennel cough they started to have a go at me for leaving my windows half open. Well I can't have him boil to death can I..!! Rolling Eyes

Got to go back in one week as his rash whilst looks OK isn't as good as the vet expected (was a different one) considering the meds he has had. So he's got steroid tablets for 9 days and antibiotics for 13 more days (been on them for 5 days).

And he still has to wear a buster collar which he is hating Sad

I think I'll get him a big fat lamb breast bone out the freezer and supervise him with it tomorrow see if that will occupy him for a little...No walks for 2 weeks as its only been one week since KC symptoms appeared Sad
Florence24
Florence24

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Kita Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Is that the sole reason you won't walk him? cause of the Kennel cough?

cause I'm still taking Kita out, just round the streets / areas dogs don't tend to go. If I see another dog, I immediatley tell them not come near her as she has kennel cough, some woman severly moaned at me for even bring her out, But tbh she's got kennel cough, she's a high energy dog, the last thing she needs is to be couped up for 2 weeks!
James_Kita
James_Kita

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence24 Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:44 pm

I can't take him out anywhere which will irritate his rash so automatically can't take him to any nature reserves and the like which are the quietest areas round here. Has to be on very short grass, no swimming, no running under bushes/hedgerows which totally rules them out. He's still very itchy and irritable with it so has to wear his buster collar 24/7 in or out.

At the minute he keeps lying down and rubbing his rash on the ground, not allowed to let him do it but its itchy enough for him to want to sit and not stand up walking. If he rubs on the pavement it ends up a right mess with the scab being pulled off and dirt clinging to it which means washing it out and making it more sore (he did it on the shingle in the garden on Tuesday Crying or Very sad). Can't force him to walk as can't have his headcollar on him due to buster collar and on a harness I just can't stop the rubbing on the ground.

We have got a couple parks which have nice short grass playing fields so nothing to really aggravate him but they are always full of dogs and with kennel cough he just can't go to them.

The way he is on steroid tablets for 9 days I don't reckon this rash is going to feel particularly less itchy any time soon, so I've not got much choice Sad

If the rash wasn't causing so many issues I'd take him somewhere very quiet even though the vets say don't for three weeks, but combined with the rash I just can't risk it really, need it to heal up.
Florence24
Florence24

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Kita Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Poor boy! Sad

I don't know what to suggest.

Will just have to try and stimulate and excercise him in the house / in the back garden I guess
James_Kita
James_Kita

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence24 Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:15 am

Yeah, lots of games of tug and chase! Just hard with his collar as he gets stuck on everything if he tries to play with Milo Rolling Eyes

Going to go see the fishmonger round the corner see if I can get him some nice raw fish for his dinner Smile
Florence24
Florence24

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Kita Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 am

lucky boy! Very Happy
James_Kita
James_Kita

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence24 Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:26 am

He had gone! Sad

So got him a hoooooooge lamb breast bone out for tomorrow, going to try butcher it in half otherwise I might see if the butchers will do it for me, I need to get some chicken wings off them Razz
Florence24
Florence24

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Kita Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:00 am

Yummmmyyyyy! Very Happy Very Happy
James_Kita
James_Kita

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani'n'Jack Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:23 am

sorry to hear about ur lil guys all having kennel cough hope they all get better soon, ive been lucky jack doesnt seem to have caught it, just had him vaccinated against it so fingers crossed i wont have to worry about him.

any way get well soon doggies Smile xx
Dani'n'Jack
Dani'n'Jack

Breeds owned : Husky cross malamute

http://www.topdogbehaviour.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence24 Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks, hopefully your boy has indeed missed it! Smile
Florence24
Florence24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_Wolf Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:41 am

mine must be tough as old boots! they came into contact with it twice and they're fine
Sid_Wolf
Sid_Wolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Kita Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:38 am

haha indeed! Razz

have they had it before?
James_Kita
James_Kita

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_Wolf Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:48 am

nope never
Sid_Wolf
Sid_Wolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Kita Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:40 am

they are machines! Razz
James_Kita
James_Kita

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down